When it comes to keeping a Marine aquarium clean it can be very difficult to stay on top of things and to create a fairly sustainable ecosystem. When you have sensitive corals and sea life living in an aquarium filtration and cleanliness is important to protecting your investment and keeping all of your aquarium pets safe and healthy. Using live rock in a Marine aquarium is a great way that you can create a better aquarium and a much more sustainable environment for sea life. Here are some of the top benefits that you can see from using live rock in your aquarium.
1. Stabilizing Chemistry: Maintain the pH balance in your tank can be a constant struggle and having to constantly buy chemicals in order to maintain the water balance can cost a lot of money over time. With live rock you can actually work at stabilizing the chemistry of your tanks water and stabilize the pH naturally. Live rock will add calcium into the water and provide the same benefits that many of the balancing chemicals provide for your tank but with a one-time purchase.
2. Biological filtration: live rocks contain bacteria which actually work to keep your tank water quality in check. The nitrifying and the nature find bacteria that can be found in live rocks will improve the health of your plant life and the water quality throughout the tank.
3. Developing Marine life: Some live rocks can actually develop some hitchhiker marine life including snails, corals, algae and pods. All of this marine life can be exciting to watch as it grows and a live rock that you purchase today may look entirely different in just a few months time.
4. Improving the quality of Marine life: When you arrange live rocks correctly it can actually cause the fish and other marine life inside your tank to behave more as they would in the wild. Fish and other aquarium life needs spaces that they can hide in to feel safe and like they are in a natural environment. Some more sensitive fish require these hiding places where they can actually get stressed and become unhealthy. Live rocks offer a natural and attractive hiding spot for all of your marine life.
5. A more natural and attractive tank: Just as marine life will adapt to your tank faster if you include live rock, adding live rock your tank can also give your tank a much more natural look. If you’re interested in developing a natural ecosystem that will give you a picture into what marine life in the wild looks like, live rocks are absolutely required. An empty tank simply isn’t as beautiful as one that creates a true marine ecosystem, and if you are interested in creating a beautiful display live rocks can be the perfect accent touches.
For more information on live rocks or to purchase some live rocks of your own for your home tank please visit Perry’s Aquatic Center in Lincoln.
Photo: Adrien Sifre via Compfight
Perrys Aquatic Centre, The Bungalow 6 Market Rasen Rd. Dunholme, Lincolnshire LN2 3QR, Phone: 01673860727
The Benefits of Using Live Rock in the Marine Aquarium